1.Who are you and what do you do?
Kate Benoit, a middle school French teacher from Maryland. I enjoy crafts, nail art, and Ravens football.
2. What is your primary goal for taking this course?
To learn ways to reach my students through digital media, and to incorporate it more into my classroom.
3. What is your philosophy of education?
That all students can find success in my class in some way, and it is my job to help meet their needs.
4. What do you see as the greatest benefit of using technology and/or digital media in the classroom?
Technology is exciting for my students and helps engage them in my lessons. It keeps school interesting.
5. What is your biggest concern or challenge with using technology and/or digital media in the classroom?
Not everyone has access outside of school, so planning can be difficult. I wish we had unlimited resources!
6. Provide an example of how you currently use technology and/or digital media in the classroom.
Smartboard, computer labs, laptop carts, online games, online version of the textbook, and much more!
7. How does your classroom today differ from when you were the same age as your students?
11 year old me didn't have computers in the classroom and didn't interact with media on a regular basis.