Thursday, July 5, 2012

Digital Media

Digital Media
In my French IA class, which a beginning level 6th grade French class, one of the very first things we do is to learn the French alphabet and accents.  It is extremely important for students to learn about them, because it helps the students understand the rules of French pronunciation.  Once students learn the alphabet and accents, I can have them use what they know in order to figure out how to pronounce a new word they learn.  In searching through Discovery Education, I found the following two videos that address the French alphabet and accents.  They are from the same series – Standard Deviants School: The Flaky Pastry World of French.
I think that my students would love these videos.  They present the exact same material that I teach, but do so in a way that would really capture the students’ attention.  Many of the things they say in the video and the examples they use are ones that I use with my students.  These videos would strongly reinforce what I teach.

These videos would be helpful for my visual and auditory learners.  My special needs students would also benefit from these videos, as they present the material in a way that would appeal to them.  These videos are extremely engaging, and I look forward to showing them to my 6th graders next year!

References:
Cerebellum (Producer). (2002). Section B: Accents and Frenchie Vowels. [Video Segment]. Available from http://www.discoveryeducation.com/


Cerebellum (Producer). (2002). Section B: Accents and Frenchie Vowels. [Video Segment]. Available from http://www.discoveryeducation.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment